Our brand new Strength and Conditioning classes will be 45-minute long small group classes focussing on building strength and improving fitness. You will have an individualised program unique to your body and goals. Before joining a class you must have a 1:1 assessment with a Physiotherapist to ensure you can safely perform the exercises in your program. In order to see the benefits of strength training, it is essential to commit to 2 classes per week.
Strength classes are great for anyone who wants to get stronger but is nervous about exercising in a gym-setting without supervision. They are also perfect for those who have been doing Clinical Pilates for a while and are ready to push themselves a little harder. To ensure that you are constantly progressing and your goals are being met, you will also require a re-assessment every 12 weeks. This will be similar to your initial assessment and will be 1:1 with one of our Physiotherapists.
Strength and Conditioning Classes are held at our Burleigh Heads Physio Clinic
Benefits of our Strength and Conditioning Classes:
- Strength training is for everyone and the list of its benefits is long.
- Many aches and pains are a result of muscle weakness, therefore strength training can be the key to manage and prevent injuries.
- Being stronger means that your body will have a greater capacity to manage every-day tasks. Think of things such as picking up your kids, getting your luggage out of an overhead locker or helping your mate move house. These seemingly mundane activities can result in injury if your body doesn’t have the required strength to do it.
- And if sport is your thing, then a sport-specific strengthening and conditioning program will increase your speed, agility and endurance.
- Strength training can also help prevent and slow the effects of osteoporosis.
- I could go on all day about why it’s so important!…..
The Process for Joining Strength and Conditioning Classes:
- Book in for a 30-minute assessment with one of our Physiotherapists to teach you the technique of common exercises you will perform, such as a squat and deadlift.
- Get ready to commit to two sessions per week. Resistance training needs to be done at least twice per week to achieve strength gains.
Please contact us for further information (also below) or to book.