We have TELEhealth consultation appointments available so that you can access our expertise online if necessary or, if it’s your preference.
These can be done either via phone or, video conference so we can see your movement and assess you.
We use end to end encrypted software to protect your confidentiality.
Funding for TeleHealth
There are several funding options for TeleHealth consultations
- Medicare through Chronic Disease Management Plans (CDMP) aka Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) – bulk billing
- NDIS plans
- Queensland WorkCover
- Private Health funds (from 14th April 2020)
Private Health Funds – TeleHealth
Currently, Private Health Funds do not cover TELEhealth consults, but according to advice we have received, many will cover physiotherapy, from 14th April.
31 March 2020 – Finally good news! Several private health funds have agreed to provide benefits for individual (one on one) physiotherapy teleconsultations where:
- You are undergoing an existing course of treatment and have seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis, back or neck pain, tendinopathy)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- Pelvic floor muscle training,
- The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
- The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.