How can Pregnancy Massage help?
Pregnancy massage offers significant relief of back pain, leg pain, hip and pelvic pain commonly experienced during pregnancy. Specific fluid drainage techniques are used to give relief to swollen limbs. Regular pregnancy massage helps to prepare the body for the physical challenges of a natural birth by ensuring muscles are balanced and as flexible as possible.
Other benefits and effects include:
- Ease muscular aches and tension
- Increase circulation
- Reduce swelling in hands and legs
- Reduce fatigue
- Alleviate the stress on weight-bearing joints
- Promote relaxation for the mother
- Release endorphins
- Promote restful sleep
Pregnancy massage can help relieve
- Pain due to altered biomechanics (walking/standing patterns)
- Relieves muscle spasms and cramps
- Lower back pain and sciatica
- Swelling and fluid retention
- Lack of sleep
Anna works in closely with our team of Physiotherapists who have specials interests in women’s health including pre and post natal care.
Health Fund Rebates Apply (Please check with your health fund, HICAPS on the spot claiming is available – see available funds here).