Recently we have started offering a new treatment option for those dealing with knee and hip pain. Some great results are already coming through so I thought I would use this space to put together some information regarding the new service.
WHAT IS GLA:D®?
GLA:D® (Good Life with osteoarthritis in Denmark), is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
It was brought to Australia in 2016 to help Australians with hip or knee osteoarthritis
This education and exercise program reflects the latest evidence in osteoarthritis (OA) research.
It also includes feedback from people with OA and trainers on what works in the real world to help patients manage OA symptoms
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INVOLVE?
- An initial appointment to explain the program and measure your current functional ability
- Two education sessions which teach you about OA, its risk factors, treatment options, and self-management strategies.
- Group exercise sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve your control of the joint, your confidence in the joint and your strength
- A review at 3-months with your physiotherapist to discuss progress and goals, and re-measure your functional ability
- Completion of a questionnaire on registration with the program, and then again at 3 and 12 months after registration to measure changes in areas such as pain, function, quality of life, and medication use
Please contact us for further information or to book – classes are offered at Burleigh Heads clinic.
Call 5535 5218. Read more HERE.