From 1 February 2018, medicines containing codeine will no longer be available without a prescription. As an alternative to prescribing codeine, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners has encouraged GPs to refer patients to physiotherapists.
If you have been affected by these recent changes and would like to consider Physiotherapy to treat pain, please contact us.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA): The TGA’s codeine information hub includes a suite of factsheets, frequently asked questions and useful links for health professionals and consumers.
- NPS MedicineWise: Offers consumer factsheets for non-English speakers, patient stories, videos and podcasts.
- painHEALTH: Provides consumers living with musculoskeletal pain useful evidence-informed information and skills to assist in the management of their pain.
- eCentre Clinic Pain Course: A free online pain management program designed to provide information about chronic pain and teach practical skills for managing the impact of pain on day-to-day activities and emotional wellbeing.
- Understanding pain in less than 5 minutes: A short video to help patients understand chronic pain.
Gold Coast Physiotherapy and Allied Health at Burleigh Heads and Broadbeach